Col Bryan F. Salas
Public Affairs Officer
• BA Journalism, University of Georgia, 1987
• MA Communication, University of Oklahoma, 1999
• JPME II – Joint Forces Staff College
• Command and Staff College non-resident course
• Amphibious Warfare School non-resident course
• Recruiting Management Course
• Defense Information School
• Combat Engineer Officers Course
• The Basic School
4302 Public Affairs Officer
0303 Light Armored Infantry Officer
1302 Combat Engineer Officer
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Navy Marine Corps Commendation Medal
Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal
• 2008 – present: Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Command
• 2007: Regional Operations Plans and Policy, AFRICACOM/EUCOM/SOUTHCOM desk, MARFORCOM, Norfolk, VA.
• 2007: I MEF Public Affairs Officer, Camp Pendleton, CA.
• 2006 to 2007: I Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) Public Affairs Officer, Al Anbar Province, Iraq
• 2001 to 2005: Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Atlantic, Norfolk, VA (JTF PAO – Operation Secure Tomorrow, Port au Prince, Haiti)
• 1999 to 2001: Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Marine Corps Recruit Depot and Eastern Recruiting Region, Parris Island, S.C.
• 1996-1999 Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, The Pentagon. (East Asia-Pacific Desk Officer)
• 1992-1996 Headquarters 9th Marine Corps District, Marketing and Public Affairs Officer, Kansas City, MO.
• 1992-1989 Combat Engineer platoon commander, 3d Combat Engineer Battalion; Weapons Detachment Commander, 3d Light Armored Infantry Battalion (Joint Task Force Fiery Vigil). Okinawa.
• 1987 – 1988 TBS/Combat Engineer Officers Course
• 1982 – Enlisted U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, served as 0311 with H/3/25 in Columbus, OH and later as a 7212 (redeye gunner) with 4th FAAD Battery, Atlanta, GA.
• 1964 – born at Beaufort, SC while father was a Bn XO w/the Third Recruit training Bn.
Family- Married over 20 years to Tracey.
• Son Brandon, 2LT, currently assigned as an infantry platoon commander with the Mississippi Rifles (1st Bn, 155th INF, Mississippi Army National Guard) and deploys to the CENTCOM AO this summer.
• Son Damien, Eagle Scout, attends the Tidewater Community College.
• Son Ciaran,14
• And daughter Elizabeth, 9.